Friday 2 May 2014

Author Interview: Kimberly Loth

Hello, everyone! Today I'm please to welcome Kimberly Loth to The Queen of Teen Fiction, talking about her debut novel, Kissed.

Hi, Kim! Tell us a little bit about your novel, Kissed.
Kissed is about a sixteen-year-old girl, Naomi, who is rescued from a dreadful arranged marriage by the mysterious Kai who sends her off to Vegas with a sweet kiss and a promise of only a short time apart. There Naomi meets Puck, a boy with wine colored hair and kisses that rival Kai’s. Soon Naomi is swept into a glamorous world where kisses hold power and not is all is at it first appears.

Kissed is your debut novel, did you learn anything new about yourself during the writing process?
Kissed took me so long to write and finally publish. I wrote two other books while I was editing and waiting for replies. I think Kissed taught me that I could be patient. (Which I didn’t realize I had in me.)

Did you relate to any of your characters at all whilst writing the novel?
Probably to Naomi, my main character. One trait she possesses is an almost crippling need to be obedient. I was like that as a teenager. I hated doing anything wrong or displeasing people. I got over it as I got older and Naomi does too (though it only takes her a few months.)

What was is it that made you decide to write for Young Adults?
I hope I don’t offend people when I say this, but I find adult books boring. YA books move so much faster and usually have more drama. When I decided to start writing, there was never any question what I would write. Of course it would be YA.

What were some of your own favourite stories to read as a teenager? 
I loved RL Stine’s fear street novels and I read a lot of true crime. I can’t do that anymore, because if I read them, then I can’t sleep.

Are you working on any other novels at the moment?
I have three in the works. A contemporary YA, a high fantasy, and the sequel to Kissed.

Finally, give us a random fact about yourself! 
I’m American but I live in Egypt.

Thanks for stopping by, Kim!
Thanks for having me!



Trapped in a dark cult, sixteen-year-old Naomi Aren has lived a quiet, albeit unhappy, life nestled deep in the hills of the Ozarks. With uncut hair, denim skirts, and only roses for friends, Naomi seldom questions why her life is different from other kids at school. Until the day her abusive father, who is also the cult’s leader, announces her wedding. Naomi must marry Dwayne Yerdin, a bully who reeks of sweat and manure and is the only one person who scares her worse than her father.

Then she meets Kai, the mysterious boy who brings her exotic new roses and stolen midnight kisses. Kisses that bring her a supernatural strength she never knew she had. As the big day approaches, Naomi unearths more secrets of about her father’s cult. She learns she has power of her own and while Kai may have awakened that power, Naomi must find a way to use it to escape Dwayne and her father—without destroying herself.

You can get your copy of Kissed here, and be sure to keep an eye on the blog for my review, which will be posted soon!



1 comment:

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.