Thursday 21 June 2012

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Bookish Details:
Pages: 326 Hardcover
Publisher: Poppy/Little Brown
Release Date: 2nd January 2012
But It From: Amazon US - Amazon UK

Goodreads Summary:
"Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?" 

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row. 


A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more? 


Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it. 

My Review:

I read so many books about demon hunters and dystopian worlds these days that I’ve completely forgotten about the type of book I first loved to read: Contemporary Romance. This book reminded me just how much I love to read a good love story that doesn’t fail to put a goofy grin on your face. 

First off – I love the title! It was the title that drew me to the book in the first place. It’s just awesome. 

I flew through this book in a day. I seriously couldn't put it down. Hadley and Oliver’s story is set over a short time period: 24 hours. But within that time we learn so much about the two characters live and after a few chapters I was in love with them both! 

The plot is simply adorable and pulls you in from the start. I loved the humour between Hadley and Oliver but I was kept hooked as to what was really going on in Oliver’s life at that point. 

The ending put a huge smile on my face and I know this is a story I won’t forget for long time. It made me want to miss a flight in hope of finding my very own Oliver! 

If you’re looking for a funny, romantic read then this is definitely for you! 

Royal Rating:

1 comment:

  1. I've been hearing really great reviews for this book! I'm going to have to check it out soon. I love contemporaries!

    Thanks for the review!:)

    ReplyDelete

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.