Sunday 6 May 2012

Review: Underworld by Meg Cabot

Bookish Details:
Series: Abandon Trilogy #2
Pages: 320
Publisher: Point
Source: ARC
Release Date: May 8th 2012 (US)

Goodreads Summary:

Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead.

Not this time.

But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.

Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.

But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies.

And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape.

My Review:

Oh. My. Gosh. I actually couldn’t put this book down. I am not joking. I think it was surgically attached to my hand. Underworld was well worth the agonizing one year wait.

So, I was lucky enough to win an ARC of Underworld from one of Meg’s fabulous competitions. I was so excited to read it! This second instalment in the Abandon trilogy did not disappoint. The twists and turns throughout the book kept me up into all hours of the night trying to find out what was going to happen next.

Underworld gives a much better insight to the characters of John and Peirce. I loved getting to know more about John *swoon* because he was such a mysterious character in book one. We also get to see Peirce grow as a character. I loved how strong she became and how she was willing to stop at nothing to help her cousin Alex, who ends up in danger.

I loved the additional characters that we meet in this book. They add more excitement to life in the Underworld and they defiantly add to the overall story. I was also happy to see more of Mr Smith again because he’s such a sweet character!

The thing I adored most about this book was the progression of John and Peirce’s relationship. You get to see so much more of their feelings for each other throughout the story and how they overcome the issues they face. Some scenes made me need to go and open a window ‘cause they were, you know, HOT. And I love how Meg manages to keep some humour in all of her books, Underworld is no exception.

The ending is a bitch. Simply because it makes you need to read what happens next immediately! But, unfortunately, it’s going to be long wait! I’m so excited to see how this awesome story concludes next year. Be sure to grab a copy of Underworld when it hits bookshelves May 8th and if you haven’t read Abandon yet (how could you not???) then go read it!


Royal Rating:

2 comments:

  1. LOVED this one!! :) Glad you enjoyed it too! :) Can't wait for Meg-A Readers to begin!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog maybe you can drop by mine soon? x

    ReplyDelete

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.