Tuesday 22 May 2012

Review: Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready

Bookish Details:
Series: Shade Series #3
Pages: 416
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: 1st May 2012
Buy It From: Amazon US
Pre-Order UK: Amazon UK

Goodreads Summary:
In this dramatic conclusion to the Shade trilogy, Aura and Zachary’s relationship sizzles as the secrets of the Shift are revealed.

Life can change in an instant, and no one understands that better than Aura. It’s been almost a year since her boyfriend tragically died. She’s finally letting go of Logan’s violet-hued ghost, but not her search to uncover the truth about her past.

As the first in a generation that can see ghosts, Aura is convinced she has a connection to the Shift. She’s trusted Zachary, ever patient and ever by her side, with all that she knows. But when the government threatens his life in an attempt to learn Aura’s secrets, she will stop at nothing to protect herself and the one she loves...even if that means betraying her own heart.

My Review:

Okay, I think I’ve finally composed myself enough to review Shine. *grabs tissues just in case* 

After I finished reading Shine I went off into a “WHAT DO I DO WITH MY LIFE NOW?????” state-of-mind but I think I’m sane enough to actually write up the review now.  

Shine is really hard to review for the simple fact that it has completely left me speechless with all its awesomeness. I have so much to say about it yet I can’t put the words down. This book was a tremendous ending to one of the best book series I’ve had the pleasure of reading. 

The plot is simply epic. There’s so much going on that you literally cannot stop reading. I found myself looking at the clock in the middle of the night thinking ‘I really should get some sleep now…’ I loved finally finding some truths and answers about all the mystery surrounding Newgrange and the Shift. 

The characters in Shine are as amazing as ever. Aura and Zachary are just perfect and I loved how much their relationship develops. They show how much they are completely devoted to each other and it’s just so adorable! *cries into tissue* I love how we get to see a more vulnerable side to Zach in Shine. It just makes him even more swoon-worthy! 

I have to mention the connection between Zachary and Logan. I would just like to say that I will never be able to look at a shoe lace again without feeling emotional!

There were so many fabulous scenes in this book. Including, of course, some super-swoon scenes that will make you blush! The series came to an epic conclusion that was simply perfect. 

I’d like to thank Jeri for creating such an amazing series and such fabulous characters that I’ve laughed and cried along with. Aura, Zachary, Logan and the Shift are going to stay with me for a long time! If you have yet to read the Shade series, you really must because you won’t regret it!

Make sure you follow Jeri on Twitter - she's awesome!

Royal Rating:

Put it this way, Shine was so amazing, i've put a crown on it!


 Which Means:



No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.