Thursday 31 May 2012

Meeting Cassie Clare

Hi, guys! So Cassandra Clare is currently on a promotional tour of the UK for the latest book in her Mortal Instruments series, City of Lost Souls. Since first reading City of Bones, I have been a huge fan of this series, so when I heard Cassie would be doing signings, I just had to go!


I had never been to a book signing before, mostly because I live in a town which is difficult to travel to the major cities from, but this time I was determined to go. Manchester was the closest signing to me, so that was the one I decided on.

Even though I got there hours earlier than the starting time, there was already a HUGE queue in the bookstore. The one thing that annoyed me was that the store wouldn't allow people to have their book signed unless they had a copy of the recipet, stating that the book had been bought from their shop! Since it's the end of May, and the book was released at the start of the month, I and the fans waiting already had our copies. Since both my sister and I where attending, and we didn't have enough money with us for two new copies, we simply bought one and had it signed to both of us.

We were in the queue for a long time, but we didn't mind because the fans were AWESOME. Seriously, I can't describe how friendly the other TMI fans were. We whittled down the time by having an in-depth discussion about how Magnus Bane is the best character ever.

Pretty soon my sister and I were at the front of the queue, and we finally got to meet Cassie! It was such an awesome experience to chat with her about the books in person. She was super friendly, and praised me for sharing the books with my sister and turning her into a fan, also.


Even though the bookstore had told us we could only have our copy of City of Lost Souls signed, Cassie was more than happy to sign extra books for fans. Luckily, I had brought along my copy of City of Bones just in case, and was able to get it signed, which I was thrilled about!

So that was my first book signing experience! I'm beyond happy that I got to meet one of my favourite authors of all time, and I now have two treasured signed books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.