Monday 30 April 2012

Review: My Boyfriend Merlin by Priya Ardis

Bookish Details:
Series: My Merlin #1
Pages: 305 Kindle Edition
Publisher: Ink Lion Books
Source: Review Copy
Release Date: November 21st 2011
Buy It From: Amazon US - Amazon UK

Goodreads Summary:
If you can't trust your boyfriend, who can you trust?

In this modern Arthurian, 17-year-old nice girl Arriane, aka Ryan, DuLac just found out her badass biker boyfriend, Matt, is a little older than he was letting on. By a few eons.

In fact, he is really Merlin--the Merlin, King Arthur's Merlin, the greatest wizard who ever lived. But Ryan's not impressed. Tired of being a relationship loser, she'd rather kick his legendary behind.

Sure, the world has been crazy ever since the sword and the stone fell out of the sky like a meteor. But despite gruesome gargoyles, a new world of magic, and the guy driving her crazy, Ryan knows that family is everything. Will Merlin sacrifice hers to save the world? Will she be able to stop him?

My Review:

Action and romance are both to be found in this epic modern twist on the story of Merlin.

Now, I love anything to do with Merlin (I’m a sucker for the TV show =P) so I was really excited to read this and it didn’t disappoint. I was completely hooked from the first chapter.

My Boyfriend Merlin follows Arriane, better known as Ryan, as her life changes dramatically when a stone hits the middle of Trafalgar Square. A stone that holds the legendary Excalibur. Ryan then discovers that her ex-boyfriend, Matt, isn’t quite who she thought he was.

Ryan is a fabulously cool character. She's really strong headed which makes her easy to like. I loved seeing her adjust to the situation and gaining courage throughout the book.

Matt/Merlin is really sweet and I loved his character but I’ve got to say, I seriously ADORE Vane! I wanted so much to dislike him but it’s actually impossible. I certainly don't know how Ryan can choose between them!

Being from England, I loved that the book was set here. And I just wish our Queen was as awesome as Priya made her in the book - read it and you'll know why!

I can't wait to read what happens in the next instalment, My Merlin Awakening.

Royal Rating:



1 comment:

  1. Merlin - I've read it three times to make sure I didn't get it wrong! Original!:) This sounds like fun book!

    New follower here!;)

    glass @ I'm a reader, what about you?

    ReplyDelete

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.