Monday 3 October 2011

Review: Lost It by Kristen Tracy

Details
Pages: 267
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Released: January 23rd 2007 
What would you do...
...if your best friend were plotting the annihilation of a small, furry neighborhood poodle? Or if your parents up and moved to an Outward Bound-type survival camp in the middle of the desert? How about if your grandmother bought you new bras and underwear -- and you actually thought they were a teensy bit, umm, sexy?

Most people would not react well.
Tess Whistle's junior year of high school is off to a fairly bizarre start. One might even say her life is spiraling out of control. But with her sense of humor firmly intact and her first real boyfriend on her arm, Tess is dealing with the ridiculous twists quite well, thankyouverymuch

Just wait until her shoes explode.
Firstly, when I read about 'Lost It', I completely expected it to be just another typical girl-losing-her-virginity story. I was totally wrong! Even though a big part of the book is about that, there's so much more to it!

This story really captures what it's like to be a teenager and to sometimes feel like your whole world is falling apart or that your losing your grip on reality. I think that the story holds a great positive message for teenage girls.

Secondly, I loved the characters. I thought that Tess's nar
ration was hilarious at times and I thought that her best friend Zena was a totally amazing character. In fact, I would have liked to have read a story from Zena's point of view because she is that awesome! I also like the fact that Ben seems to have a genuine love for Tess. There isn't anything fake about it. The best characters for me had to be Tess's Grandma. I just wish I had a Grandma like her!

Thirdly, this story is full of hilarious situations. The story of Tess losing her virginity under an upside-down canoe in the freezing cold is just so random! There are plenty of laugh-out-loud moments throughout.


If I had just one setback to this one, it was that the ending wasn't really enough for me, I wish there could have been a sequel.



My Royal Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.