Wednesday 21 September 2011

Review: Between by Cyndi Tefft

Goodreads Summary:
It just figures that the love of Lindsey Water's life isn't alive at all, but the grim reaper, complete
with a dimpled smile and Scottish accent.

After transporting souls to heaven for the last 300 years, Aiden MacRae has all but given up on finding the one whose love will redeem him and allow him entry through the pearly gates.

Torn between her growing attraction to Aiden and heaven's sire
n song, Lindsey must learn the hard way whether love really can transcend all boundaries.

My Review:

I felt like I was thrown into this story rather quickly at the start. Lindsey's death happens so suddenly and then she's off with the Scottish highlander, Aiden, who is there to transport her to Heaven. It was all a bit surreal at first. I really wanted to get to know more about the characters so I loved the parts of the story that went back in time to view Adien's memories and to see what Lindsey's life was like before she died.


I really liked the relationship between Lindsey and Aiden.I found it rather tragic that there was the possibility of separation throughout their time together with the looming fact that Lindsey will have to move on at some point.

About halfway through the book, I started to wonder if there would be more than just the two characters when BAM, huge twist that I didn't see coming. I won't give it away but that twist totally made me glad I'd stuck with the book. The second half of the story was a real page turner (even though I was reading it on Kindle, so you can't really turn the pages =P) and left me excited for the sequel, Hell Transporter.

There is quite a physical side to Lindsey and Aiden's relationship that may be a little too much for younger teens. I'd recommend this one to the more mature teens out there.

This is a wonderful debut novel by Cyndi and I'm excited to see what's next in store for Lindsey and Aiden. Between is only 86p or 99 Cents (depending on where you live) on Kindle so it's a real bargain!

You can also follow Cyndi on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/cynditefft


My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.